Monday, August 20, 2018
7:30 am - 8:00 am Breakfast
8:05 am - 8:45 am Balancing New Technology & Human Touch: The Success of Your Digital Campus Depends On It!
8:45 am - 9:15 am Shifting Skills and Mindsets to Progress In An Artificially Intelligent World
AI is radically reshaping the workforce by automating routine tasks, augmenting roles, amplifying processes and evolving jobs and careers to be more human. The emergence of AI is elevating the need for the right skills to help your employees’ progress their careers and expand the internal talent pipeline. During this session we will:
· Highlight the emergence of AI and its impact to the workforce
· Discuss the need for the right Power Skills to help your employees’ progress their careers and to help expand your internal talent pipeline
· Review the skills executives look for and recall that could impact employees’ career progression where they work today
9:15 am - 10:00 am Confessions from the C-Suite About Learning & Development: Groupon's CFO and CLO Take Center StageMike Randolfi, CFO ,Groupon Karishma Patel Buford, VP, Global Talent Management ,Groupon
- How Groupon has positioned their leadership development approach for greatest impact
- How can finance chiefs best work with L&D to advocate for its delivery
- What are CFOs doing to ensure they have the talent they need?
- How can CFOs help promote a new mind-set that puts learners in the driver's seat, harness the power of technology and the amazingly diverse wealth of instantly available external content, and offers a great user experience to learners?
Karishma Patel BufordVP, Global Talent Management
10:00 am - 10:30 am Business Meeting
10:30 am - 11:00 am Business Meeting
11:00 am - 11:15 am Networking Break
11:15 am - 11:30 am How Virtual Reality Learning Can Increase Engagement & Drive Lasting Change
11:30 am - 12:15 pm To the Future & Beyond: Six Trends Shaping the L&D Landscape
11:30 am - 12:15 pm Proving the ROI of Successful Learning & Development
During this master class, we’ll explore how L&D executives can establish a model for proving return-on-investment on their initiatives and establishing themselves as crucial elements of an organization’s success. Attendees will learn how to:
- Develop an ROI model for your organization by starting with a clear understanding of your audience
- Develop key performance indicators after establishing your company’s true goals and objectives
- Gather the right data to tell your story
12:15 pm - 1:10 pm Lunch
1:10 pm - 2:00 pm Conquering L&D Challenges: Lessons From the ProsDr. Samuel Rindell, Head, Global Talent & Learning ,Cigna Christopher Lubrano, VP, Learning & Organization Development,International Flavors & Fragrances #711 F500M
You told us about your top challenges, and we listened. Enjoy a series of 15 minute mini case studies led by practitioners
1. Technology is Changing So Fast. How Do You Manage the Maze?
When is the right time to make the investment? How do you get the greatest ROI at speed? What is the change management required?
2. Building a Learning Culture During Constant Change
How do you create a transformative and inclusive learning culture to support growth, empowerment and innovation?
Led By: Chris Lubrano, VP, Learning & Org Development, International Flavors & Fragrances
3. Performance Reviews are a Thing of the Past
How do you move PM from a quantitative, annual appraisal-based system to a more personal, ongoing conversation-based process aimed at maximizing the growth potential of all employees?
Led By: Dr. Samuel Rindell, Head, Global Talent & Learning, Cigna
4. Today’s Learner is Impatient, Overwhelmed and Frustrated
How do we as learning leaders address these radical shifts? How do we provide nontraditional training and delivery to accommodate their need for just in time everything? Are we finding microlearning, mobile, communities of practice, on-demand performance support and curation to be effective?
5. Gig Economy
B y 2020 Intuit predicts that 43% of the US workforce or 60 million people will be gig economy workers (consultants, freelancers, contractors, part-time) How do you manage these workers (independent or similarly to employees during moments that matter in their career)? How do you train, where do you invest, how do you performance manage, how do you incentivize?
Dr. Samuel RindellHead, Global Talent & Learning
Christopher LubranoVP, Learning & Organization Development
International Flavors & Fragrances #711 F500M
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Using AI-Informed Data to Describe, Predict and Prescribe Learner Outcomes
The focus of the session is on the application of Machine learning techniques to draw out the latent dimensions of learning, and tailor pedagogy for optimal time to proficiency, efficacy of training, and employee engagement.
· Understanding if learning experiences are having the intended impact on operational outcomes and job performance
· Hear how AI-based data analysis can discover cognitive behavioral and affective preferences
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Reboot Your Learning Systems
The future of learning is already here. Now, everyone is learning a range of skills, from a variety of sources, in a diversity of formats, over the entirety of their career. This is not the same old L&D. As a result, today’s most innovative CLOs are rebooting their systems. Almost everyone is looking around for new solutions to transform their people and their organizations. Isn’t that why we’re all here? But the marketplace has gotten very noisy. There are 1,000+ learning products out there. And many of them look and sound alike. This session is meant to help you take the first steps toward future-proofing your investments in learning technology. Join us and find out how to:
· Understand why new approaches to L&D require different kinds of tools
· Hear what innovative CLOs are doing to reboot their strategies, operations and tooklits
· Learn to differentiate all these vendors and start designing a future-proof L&D ecosystem
2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Business Meeting
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm Business Meeting
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Business Meeting
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm Networking Break
4:30 pm - 5:15 pm Upskilling Middle Managers for Sustained Growth
Middle Managers are, well, in the middle – and, this can cause confusion around how much autonomy and strategic responsibility they have. In a way, that question is moot: they directly lead and influence the day-to-day focus of front-line leaders and their teams. At a minimum, they are translators of strategy for teams that they lead. During this session, attendees will learn how to:
- Educate on the role of middle managers and “pitching” the need for training.
- Focus equally on skills development and networking / exposure – as a vehicle for transmitting culture.
- Create a program structure that was both at scale and intimate for participants.
- Order strategy content in a non-traditional way to meet the participants “where they are”.
- Measure beyond the typical, investing in interviews and usage metrics via a portal
4:30 pm - 5:15 pm Digital Literacy: Building Vital Competencies for a New World of Work
Much has been talked about the move from traditional classroom to digital learning. Yet, even with the right tools, change is not happening fast enough. This master class will equip CLOs with the resources designed to teach core competencies required in the digital age. . Attendees will receive the necessary “small daily steps” which lead to progress and provide the required practices to turn talk into action.
- Empower your employees with the skills they need to help their organizations complete complex digital transformation
- Review a suite of offerings which serve as a source of immediate practical help for users of the latest digital tools
- Witness how digital literacy improves efficiencies and engagement
5:15 pm - 5:55 pm Meaningful Metrics: Tackling ( And Beating) The Learning Metrics DilemmaTwanya Hood Hill, VP, Leadership Development and Talent Management,Ameriprise Financial, Inc. #239 F500
We are all tasked with delivering measurable value to the company, but how can we actually quantify that value? Learning & Development professionals have consistently faced the challenge of accurately measuring the effectiveness of processes, training programs and initiatives. Follow Ameriprise Financial’s journey to meaningful metrics. Specifically, we’ll share how to:
· Develop key talent, high potential development and learning metrics to measure success
· Move beyond Level 1 of Kirkpatrick’s evaluation model to reflect learning retention and skills application
· Highlight ways in which leading and lagging Talent metrics will shape future direction
· Come away with ideas for understanding the value your work brings to the organization
Twanya Hood HillVP, Leadership Development and Talent Management
Ameriprise Financial, Inc. #239 F500
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Rotating Roundtable Discussions: Choose Your Topic
Attendees will have the opportunity to rotate discussions at the ½ hour mark
Learning Without Limits: How Agile Allows Flexibility to Deliver Value
Disjointed user experiences, varied development processes, inverted organizations and over-reliance on vendor development can hinder on your L&D objectives, especially during times of rapid change. During this roundtable, attendees will hear how a shift to AGILE can foster an open, collaborative and fun work environment, while increasing speed of deliverables by more than 50%.
Added Value & Impact Through Effective Content Curation
The amount of incredibly useful content on the web and within organizational intranets is unbelievable. With these ample offerings, how do we as learning leaders ensure the content shared is appropriate, delivered at the right time of need and provides the correct information for our employees’ unique positions, projects and capabilities? During this roundtable, attendees will learn how to develop a curation strategy which harnesses the value of knowledge and promotes collaboration while ensuring the right content is delivered, stored and used in the best possible way.
Rethinking Educational Benefits
This roundtable discussion will highlight the latest trends around employee education and grant reimbursements. Attendees will hear how several companies are improving their bottom line and reducing talent management costs through a focused approach to educational benefits for employees at every level of the organization.
Long Lives Classroom Training: Modernizing Old Approaches to Drive More Effective Delivery
This roundtable will address the reasons why classroom-based training methods may have failed to keep pace with expectations of modern learners. That said, there are vast benefits that come with this peer to peer interaction. During this roundtable, attendees will walk away with solutions for rounding out and balancing classroom training to make it more effective on its own, or part of a blended learning approach.
How to Win Constantly As a Top Performer Through Self-Directed Learning
This roundtable discussion will highlight the revolutionary shift away from traditional classroom-based learning to self-paced realities. Attendees will hear about the powerful features and benefits of a SDL program, especially for millennials, including; flexibility, responsibility, relevancy, ownership and empowerment. Examples will be shared on how SDL can facilitate the creation of a robust and sustainable learning culture, how to balance the business need for guarantee, but the L&D difficulty of showing this as a conclusive result , and the digital tools and technologies that facilitate a SDL Program